Please note, FBNQuest will never request for your personal details or account information via a Phone call, SMS, Pop-up window, E-mail, or any link.
Our safety tips below can help you learn how to better protect yourself and stay safe online:
Online Banking Security
- Giving away your Online Banking/transaction username, password, PIN and token code, gives the recipient total access to your account, keep your account details private and secure at all times.
- Always log out from the online banking/online transaction application when you are done and close the browser.
- Always log on to our internet banking service via our website – https://fbnquest.com/. Never click on links in emails, pop-up ads, or unknown sites to access your online banking account.
- ALWAYS verify the URL when you are entering your login details. Check the URL carefully to ensure it has the “https://” and the padlock “?”
- Always carry out transactions over a secure network like your personal Wi-Fi protected by a password or your cellular network. Never access or perform transactions on your online banking portal using a public or free Wi-Fi.
- Never use a public computer like those at internet cafes, public libraries, airport lounges and hotel lobbies to access or perform online banking transactions. Only use your personal or trustworthy devices.
- We recommend you subscribe to transaction alerts to be delivered to your cell phone or email, so you can stay updated on your account activity.
- Never click the ‘save my password/details’ option sometimes offered by your browser.
- Avoid using a computer in public areas, if necessary, beware of “shoulder surfers” who may be trying to look over your shoulder to intercept your logon details, PIN, or account information.
- Do not share your account/financial information on social media or other online platforms.
- Scan your device regularly with an up to date antivirus software.
- Always update the operating systems of your computer, tablet or smartphone.
- Do not leave your computer unattended or idle for long periods of time. Always lock the screen when you are leaving your computer.
- Shred any important document that contains your confidential information promptly.
- Always remember, FBNQuest will never ask you to disclose your personal or financial details by email, links in an email or pop-up windows.
- Do not open email attachments or click email links from unknown sources.
- If you are ever in doubt whether an email is genuine, check the sender’s email address and ensure you do not click on its links or open any attachments.
- If you receive an email asking you to click a link or button to ‘verify your account’, ‘unsubscribe to a subscription’, ‘unblock your account’, ‘reverse a debit into your account’, ‘confirm your login credentials’, or any similar request, it is certainly a scam. It will never come from us no matter how genuine/legitimate it may appear. Flag any concerns to your Relationship Manager or via Customer Care by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +234 (0) 708 062 6000-4
- If an email or SMS message has a sense of ‘urgency’ and/or suggests a dire consequence, such as your online access being deactivated if you do not respond within stipulated time frame, it is certainly a scam email or SMS. Please do not
- When you get such suspicious/scam emails as indicated above, do not click on any link or open the attachment, forward it to email@example.com and delete immediately after reporting it.
- Create a strong and unique Online Banking/Transaction password by making it as long and complex as possible with a combination of uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols.
- Do not use predictable sequences of characters such as “1234567” or “abcdefg”.
- Do not use words or information related to you such as your birth date, address, names of family members, etc.
- Refrain from using your Online Banking ID/User ID in your password.
- Do not write down your PIN/password in your diary, on a piece of paper or sticky note.
- Disable any “AutoComplete” or similar features on any device you use for Online Banking/Transaction.
- Change your password on a regular basis. We recommend changing your password every 60 to 90 days.
- Do not use the same password for various accounts/websites/applications.
- Never send your password, PIN or Token code via SMS, email or link. FBNQuest will never ask for your confidential information.
- If you feel that your Online Banking ID and/or password have been stolen or compromised, immediately change your password Online and please notify FBNQuest.
For further enquiries, Please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +234 (0) 708 062 6000-4
Thank you for choosing FBNQuest.