Welcome to the FBNQuest Online Security Center
At FBNQuest, protecting your confidential information and ensuring your online safety is our priority. We are committed to the continuous implementation and enhancement of security features to ensure the integrity of our Online Banking/transaction systems are in line with industry best practices.
Please note, FBNQuest will never request for your personal details or account information via a Phone call, SMS, Pop-up window, E-mail, or any link.
Our safety tips below can help you learn how to better protect yourself and stay safe online:
Online Banking Security
- Giving away your Online Banking/transaction username, password, PIN and token code, gives the recipient total access to your account, keep your account details private and secure at all times.
- Always log out from the online banking/online transaction application when you are done and close the browser.
- Always log on to our internet banking service via our website – https://fbnquest.com/. Never click on links in emails, pop-up ads, or unknown sites to access your online banking account.
- ALWAYS verify the URL when you are entering your login details. Check the URL carefully to ensure it has the “https://” and the padlock “?”
- Always carry out transactions over a secure network like your personal Wi-Fi protected by a password or your cellular network. Never access or perform transactions on your online banking portal using a public or free Wi-Fi.
- Never use a public computer like those at internet cafes, public libraries, airport lounges and hotel lobbies to access or perform online banking transactions. Only use your personal or trustworthy devices.
- We recommend you subscribe to transaction alerts to be delivered to your cell phone or email, so you can stay updated on your account activity.
- Never click the ‘save my password/details’ option sometimes offered by your browser.
- Avoid using a computer in public areas, if necessary, beware of “shoulder surfers” who may be trying to look over your shoulder to intercept your logon details, PIN, or account information.
- Do not share your account/financial information on social media or other online platforms.
- Scan your device regularly with an up to date antivirus software.
- Always update the operating systems of your computer, tablet or smartphone.
- Do not leave your computer unattended or idle for long periods of time. Always lock the screen when you are leaving your computer.
- Shred any important document that contains your confidential information promptly.
- Always remember, FBNQuest will never ask you to disclose your personal or financial details by email, links in an email or pop-up windows.
- Do not open email attachments or click email links from unknown sources.
- If you are ever in doubt whether an email is genuine, check the sender’s email address and ensure you do not click on its links or open any attachments.
- If you receive an email asking you to click a link or button to ‘verify your account’, ‘unsubscribe to a subscription’, ‘unblock your account’, ‘reverse a debit into your account’, ‘confirm your login credentials’, or any similar request, it is certainly a scam. It will never come from us no matter how genuine/legitimate it may appear. Flag any concerns to your Relationship Manager or via Customer Care by sending an email to email@example.com or call +234 (0) 708 062 6000-4
- If an email or SMS message has a sense of ‘urgency’ and/or suggests a dire consequence, such as your online access being deactivated if you do not respond within stipulated time frame, it is certainly a scam email or SMS. Please do not
- When you get such suspicious/scam emails as indicated above, do not click on any link or open the attachment, forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org and delete immediately after reporting it.
- Create a strong and unique Online Banking/Transaction password by making it as long and complex as possible with a combination of uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols.
- Do not use predictable sequences of characters such as “1234567” or “abcdefg”.
- Do not use words or information related to you such as your birth date, address, names of family members, etc.
- Refrain from using your Online Banking ID/User ID in your password.
- Do not write down your PIN/password in your diary, on a piece of paper or sticky note.
- Disable any “AutoComplete” or similar features on any device you use for Online Banking/Transaction.
- Change your password on a regular basis. We recommend changing your password every 60 to 90 days.
- Do not use the same password for various accounts/websites/applications.
- Never send your password, PIN or Token code via SMS, email or link. FBNQuest will never ask for your confidential information.
- If you feel that your Online Banking ID and/or password have been stolen or compromised, immediately change your password Online and please notify FBNQuest.
For further enquiries, Please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call +234 (0) 708 062 6000-4
Thank you for choosing FBNQuest.