The Federal Government of Nigeria Savings Bond (FGNSB)
The Federal Government of Nigeria Savings Bond (FGNSB) is an investment product to be issued by the Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) through the Debt Management Office (DMO) effective March 13 2017.
The bond will be an addition to the FGN securities market and is a retail savings product accessible to all income groups. The purpose of the bond is to encourage a national savings culture and create an avenue for investors to benefit from the favourable returns available in the capital market. The FGNSB will be backed by the full faith of the Federal Government of Nigeria and is thus deemed to hold no default risk.
The FGNSB is expected to be issued monthly in tenors of 2 and 3 years via an offer for subscription. The subscription period would be opened for five working days, within which investors can submit their subscriptions through authorized distribution agents.
The January 2018 edition of the Offer for Subscription of the Federal Government of Nigeria Savings Bond (FGNSB) is now open. The Debt Management Office (DMO) has announced that it has been authorized to receive applications for fresh Issues of the FGNSB on the following terms:
1. 2-Year FGN Savings Bond due January 17, 2020
Interest Rate: 11.098%
2. 3-Year FGN Savings Bond due January 17, 2021
Interest Rate: 12.098%
- Opening Date: January 8, 2018
- Closing Date: January 12, 2018
- Settlement Date: January 17, 2018
Investors may apply for either or both of these maturities, as preferred.Please find below additional information to guide your application:
Investors may apply for either or both of these maturities, as preferred. Please find below additional information to guide your application:
- Units of Sale: N1,000 per unit subject to a minimum subscription of N5,000.00 and in multiples of N1,000 thereafter, subject to a maximum subscription of N50,000,000.00
- Coupon Payment: Payable every quarter with principal repayment at maturity
- Coupon Payment Dates: April 17; July 17; October 17; January 17
- Security: The FGNSB is backed by the full faith and credit of the Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN)
- Qualifies as securities in which trustees can invest under the Trustee Investment Act.
- Qualifies as Government securities within the meaning of Company Income Tax Act (CITA) and Personal Income Tax Act (PITA) for Tax Exemption for Pension Funds, amongst other investors.
- Will be listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange.
- Qualifies as a liquid asset for liquidity ratio calculation for banks.
- Subscription Mode:
- Investors can subscribe through FBN Securities Limited, for the FGNSB issues being offered by taking the following steps:
- Open a CSCS stockbroking account with FBN Securities Limited. Please click here to access our account opening forms for this purpose; (N.B: Existing stockbroking clients with CSCS account numbers will only need to provide their CSCS account details).
- Download the FGNSB subscription form click here
- Make payment for subscriptions with beneficiary name clearly indicated to our below account within the subscription period:
Account Name:FBN Securities IPO Account
Bank: First Bank of Nigeria Plc
Account Number: 2031788029
- Immediately fill and submit subscription form
Investors should immediately contact their Relationship Managers or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with evidence of payment for immediate confirmation of payment receipt.
The CSCS is expected to credit investors’ account with allotted FGNSB volume on the settlement date.
For more information, kindly contact your Relationship Manager, email email@example.com,
call 01-2798300 or click the link below and a Adviser will contact you.